Organizing an exhibition
Depending on where it takes place and the event circumstances, the exhibition can cover different parts of the artist carreer :
Tribute to Lucien Fontanarosa :
- exhibition of original lithographs, with the favourite themes of the painter : childhood, music, the Mediterranean…
- exhibition of graphic works : sketches, drawings, pastels, gouaches, books’ illustrations (Gide, Montherlant, Mac Orlan, …) and Livre de Poche covers illustrations of the 50’s and 60’s…
- thematic exhibition (Venise, music, the Mediterranean, the woman, childhood…) consisting of important oils on canvas and several drawings.
- retrospective exhibition presenting a significant number of works (oils on canvas) of the different pictorial periods.
Tribute to Annette Faive-Fontanarosa :
- thematic exhibition (Provence, landscapes…)
- exhibition of graphic works: drawings, watercolors, pastels, gouaches combining impressions of her several journeys and specific works like those on clowns.
- retrospective exhibition presenting a significant number of works.
Depending on the importance of the exhibition, anticipation has to be considered.
The general conditions to organize an exhibition are as follows :
- works conveying from Paris and return
- insurance « wall to wall », during the complete exhibition period (including glass damages for works framed under glass) for an amount to be estimated as soon as the content of the exhibition is known
- supervision, invigilation, security
- setting / hanging and taking down / fitted lighting (including small materials and personnel for handling)
- communication (poster, invitation card, booklet or catalogue, press release)
- inclusive payment for coordination and works grouping together in Paris.
The Lucien Fontanarosa Foundation lends to the exhibition organizer several photographies to be used for communication purposes.
In addition, the Lucien Fontanarosa Foundation puts at the organizer’s disposal, to be sold to the public of the exhibition, books on the artist and reproductions of several of the exhibited paintings.